Winter weather is just around the corner in Northern Virginia and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Northern Virginia winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella MidAtlantic professionals a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Northern Virginia.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Northern Virginia a call at 571-292-3519 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.