Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your Northern Virginia home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery about a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can get a major revamp.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Northern Virginia, give them a call at 571-292-3519 or schedule an appointment online to consider all the options for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.