The Showroom Specialist will serve as the first point of contact for the Pella Window Hunt Valley Showroom customer walk-ins and call-ins. Responsible for entering and updating customer information in Pella computer software systems. Duties may include additional support to sales representative and sales support team. Will assist with showroom training for Sales and Order Fulfillment staff. Assigned teams and tasks will vary based on business necessity. Continually strive for 100% “Very Satisfied” customers. This position is based in our Hunt Valley showroom.
Responsibilities/Accountabilities includes the following, but not limited to:
- Displays and/or demonstrates product in the Pella Showrooms and/or consumer home shows, using samples or catalogs, emphasizing features and benefits of Pella products
- Answers and accurately directs customer calls for both internal and external customers by asking leading questions and pre-qualifying
- Serves as primary contact to route calls into main phone system and greets and directs visitors for other staff members
- Initiates office stock orders for supplies, literature, and product samples
- Coordinates logistics of events held at showroom facility
- Qualifies call-in and walk-in customers by using the customer profile sheet to obtain detailed information to set sales appointments for outside sales consultants
- Inputs and maintains accurate information in lead management software (ACE & CRM)
- Ongoing opportunity allocation distribution to sales consultants in ACE per manager’s direction
- Performs follow up calls to potential customer leads generated by either phone calls or walk-ins
- Assists customers with requests for product service
- Assists sales support and sales consultants as needed with quoting activity and/or administrative needs
- Prepares activity reports using required systems and software as required by management
- Maintains showroom for cleanliness and neatness to ensure a pleasant setting for all customers
- Responsible for taking the appropriate action and contacting those required to resolve showroom concerns. (i.e.; product repair, electrical issues, plumbing needs, etc.)
- Maintains a working knowledge of all integrated systems and processes
- Practices self-development via online courses and monitors MyPella for product updates
- Administers, verifies, and communicates accurate product or customer information by researching needs/questions with customers, coworkers, sales consultants, and management
- Communicates with additional showroom support and/or management to ensure retail locations are properly staffed and maintained
- Meets company safety requirements by following all company safety policies and procedures and reporting any safety concerns
- Assists with showroom training for various new hires
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department
- Provides customer service in line with a Customer Experience Culture
- Completes other tasks or projects as assigned by management
- Skilled at relating to and supporting a variety of customers
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and responsiveness to customer needs
- Able to work with details, complexity and follow through
- Creates a sense of trust and reliability with internal and external customers
- Able to maintain open and effective communication with cross functional teams
- Works collaboratively with customers and Pella team members
- Adaptable to changing processes and priorities
- Works well without close supervision, but always keeps their manager informed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have High School Diploma or GED. AA or Technical degree preferred, 0-2 year’s customer service, or general business experience preferred. Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable but not required.
Language and Communication Skills
Ability to read and analyze documents related to contracts and work documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to verbally present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, and the general public.
Must present a clean and neat physical appearance and strictly abide by company dress code serving as a role model for other employees, customers, and visitors.
Ability to solve practical and arithmetic problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Time commitment required of this position will vary with the seasons.