We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Northern Virginia. Whether that’s through our own business practices or selling energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on specific climates. The options below give our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Call your Northern Virginia Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our best product for the Northern Virginia region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass provides more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room when it’s cold; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Northern Virginia Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.